What are varicose veins know first-hand, about 20% of the population of the Earth. The diagnosis of varicose veins in the legs implies the output of the vascular system of the valves, resulting in which the violation occurs of venous flow. The veins of the members are growing and appear through the skin. When varicose veins blood accumulates in the veins, which leads to stagnation and the widening of the blood vessels. Accompanied by a disease strong edema, convulsions, and pains in the legs. The lack of early treatment can cause heavy complications such as thrombosis and thrombophlebitis, as well as to the formation of trophic ulcers.
Causes and symptoms
Any disease occurs for a number of reasons, and varicose veins in the legs is not an exception. It causes the malfunction of valves, regulators of blood flow. In the early stages, the disease may not yield the diagnosis, so the patients, who are in the risk group, you should take attention to the state of the veins.
The medical care for varicose veins include the following causes of pathology:
- A sedentary lifestyle, which in turn leads to a deterioration of the blood supply, and the dullness of the blood in the veins. Physical inactivity – one of the reasons for the occurrence of varicose veins in the legs, which in the early stages manifests itself in the form of spider veins;
- Of great importance is genetic predisposition to the development of diseases. If someone in the family suffers with varicose veins in the legs, and the probability of inheritance of the disease is very large;
- Increases the risk of disease varicose veins the long presence of foot at work. The stagnant blood in the same place, which leads to the appearance of venous site;
- Women, especially, actively manifests varicose veins during the pregnancy, it occurs through hormonal changes and also due to a substantial increase in weight and load of the corresponding job in vienna feet;
- Bad habits, especially alcohol abuse, the influence of the veins of the feet, with the result that they lose their elasticity, the venous insufficiency and the failure of the valves of the blood vessels;
- Varicose veins are veins in the legs can occur as a result of a prolonged stress;
- The presence of excess weight increases the risk for those who have a genetic predisposition to the disease. The patients, who are in the risk group, you should closely monitor your energy;
- Varicose veins can be concomitant heart disease;
- Changes in age-related cause of the failure of the heart valves and the expansion of large veins in the legs;
- Poor circulation occurs due to a comfortable fit, very narrow clothes and uncomfortable high-heeled shoes;
- Any venous damage and injuries in the feet can cause the varicose veins of the lower limbs;
- Strengthen symptoms varicose veins disease and cause varicose veins to deep veins can excessive mania pool and a sauna.
Regardless of the reason by which it occurs varicose veins of the feet, therapeutic measures, it is necessary to apply immediately. In the initial phase of the disease, there is a chance of a dispense operation.
Symptoms of varicose veins in an early stage to identify very difficult, because it manifests itself in the form of normal fatigue. It is visually diagnosed varicose veins in the later stages, when the visibility becomes a large subcutaneous vienna, fight bloated size. Link to the age of varicose veins do not have recorded cases of varicose veins pathology in adolescents with a genetic predisposition to the disease. The main ones are considered to be the following symptoms of varicose veins in the legs:
- The fatigue, heaviness in the legs, accompanied by armbar syndrome;
- The increase in the size of the veins under the skin;
- Nocturnal cramps in the later stages, they can happen, and during the day;
- A strong burning and even itching in the area of the lower limbs, in the area raised veins;
- The swelling, which appear even in healthy individuals veins, do not have signs of damage. Swelling as the progression of the disease does not pass, even after you leisure.
By observing the minimum of the symptoms of varicose veins, you should contact the phlebologist, to prevent progression of the disease.
The stage of the disease and possible complications
The scheme of treatment of varicose veins feet depends on the stage of the disease. Phlebology highlights the following stages of developing varicose veins:
- The initial stage of varicose veins of the extension does not have special signals, in addition to increasing the degree of fatigue, swelling, tiredness and heaviness in the legs, especially at the end of the work day. On average, the duration of an internship is about one year, after which, in the absence of therapy, the disease passes to the second stage. Treatment of varicose veins of this type is performed with the aid of local and system medications;
- The second phase of the varicose veins is characterized by symptoms, identical to the first, however, they appear more and more strong. The feet begin to ache more active, swelling appear faster and to a greater extent. Seizures can be up to 5 times per night. The second phase is characterized by the appearance of spider veins in the legs. Are located them in the legs and hips;
The transition period of the second phase in the third, very short, so start the treatment should be when you appear spider veins.
- The third stage of varicose veins is more dangerous than the previous two. Visually varicose veins becomes more visible: the veins dilate and show through the epidermis, change color. The number of dead of blood vessels in the legs becomes more, a strong pain. In the absence of treatment appear weeping sores on your feet, your treatment is painful and long-lasting;
- The most severe and dangerous stage in the varicose veins is the bedroom, which includes the increase of temperature in the fund resulting from ulcers, and in rapidly evolving thrombophlebitis. At this stage, it is necessary to the immediate operation.
Varicose veins is characterized not only unaesthetic view and contributes to pain. The main danger is the complications that occur in the context of a progressive disease.
The complications occur in 30% of cases of disease and require immediate medical intervention.
Complications of varicose veins include:
- The skin damage in the form dermatitis and eczema, occur in the midst of the disorders of the blood supply and oxygen starvation. The symptoms of such complications appear in the form of itchy blisters and weeping scabs unpleasant with itching;
- As bleeding, occur in the midst of weakening the walls of the vessels, which can break even, with the minimum of physical impact;
- Thrombophlebitis and thrombosis – the most dangerous complications of varicose veins, and they require immediate treatment;
- The necrosis of the tissues and the appearance of trophic pests is typical for the last stages of developing varicose veins. In the cutaneous coverage occur in areas of dying tissue. The therapy of all these evils, very effective.
The development of complications can pose a threat to the life of the patient, so the treatment of varicose veins is a must.
The therapy and the prevention of
Today, doctors know many ways to solve the problems of varicose veins. The treatment of the disease depends on its stage. Share two ways of conservative treatment and operational, the latter is shown in the third and fourth stage of the disease. The conservative methods anti varicose veins, therapy, which include:
- Medical therapy – a combination of system and local medicines. The treatment scheme subscribes to the doctor, he recommend effective medicines;
- Wearing mesh compression in the shape of a half golf or tights with different degrees of compression. Knitted compression supports with the walls of the blood vessels during loading and irreplaceable after surgery of the veins of the legs;
- Laser coagulation – effects of the laser on the affected area, through the subcutaneous administration of the led. As a result, the extended vienna pasted and will be displayed from the total of blood circulation;
- Sclerotherapy – introduction directly into a vein, especially a drug, that pastes the vein and obstruct the lumen. The blood movement is rebuilt to healthy vessel;
- Recipes of traditional medicine, which are used in a complex with medical treatment. Is the treatment of pre-coordinate with your doctor;
- Non-standard ways, which includes the hirudotherapy and water treatment.
Each form of conservative treatment for varicose veins requires pre-diagnosis, with the application of ultra-sound. At some stages of the disease different treatment methods ineffective and lead to loss of time.
Online method of treatment is shown in the execution stages of venous thrombosis defeat, when the conservative methods are ineffective and present danger of life of the patient. During phlebectomy occurs the elimination of vienna from a sharing system of blood flow and its removal.
Prevention of varicose veins is necessary to the people in situation of risk, as well as patients undergoing the operation to alert the varicose veins. Varicose veins – chronic disease, hence the constant need for prevention, including:
- Wearing a comfortable outfit and the shoe, the use of compression of tissue mesh;
- The rejection of the inactive lifestyle;
- Adjust the power supply;
- Exemption from bad habits;
- Self-massage of the feet;
- The periodic inspection along phlebologist;
- The assignment of medicines, to help you keep the venous tonus.
Varicose veins are veins in the legs – a serious disease, which immediately enters the chronic phase. The treatment of varicose veins, a long and expensive. But to run the disease does not worth. After all of the varicose veins, or better, its complications can even die. The treatment appropriate and compliance with the recommendations of doctors in the period of remission – the key to a full life with a diagnosis of varicose veins.